Medelhavsmuseet/The Museum of Mediterranean and Near Eastern Antiquities strives to ensure ease of access for all our visitors.
- Automatic door openers on all doors.
- All exhibitions are accessible by wheelchair; please contact the staff to reach the Greco-Roman glass collection and the Children's room.
A wheelchair is available for use in the museum.
- Access to floors is possible by lift.
- Disabled toilet facilities near the main entrance area.
- In certain places the lighting in the exhibitions is limited, even creating an impression of darkness. This is partly due to certain objects being sensitive to light and partly for purposes of presentation.
- The museum auditorium is equipped with a hearing loop.
- Guide system:
At the Museum we offer the Univox guide system. This means that as a visitor to the exhibitions you have a pocket size receiver with neckloop while the educational guide has a microphone. The sound quality is excellent. What is more, the group avoids having to crowd together to listen and the guide avoids wearing out his or her voice.
- Users of hearing aids:
For exhibition visitors wearing hearing aids, we recommend the loan of a neckloop for the pocket size receiver and putting the hearing aid to a T setting. In this way you will make the most from your visit. Just mention at the reception that you would like a neckloop for your visit.
- Specially adapted visits:
Please contact us with your enquiries concerning visits for persons with special needs. Tel: + 46 (0)10 - 456 12 95 or INGEN_SPAM_visning@medelhavsmuseet.se.
Mobility Service (Färdtjänst)
Museum visiting address: Medelhavsmuseet, Fredsgatan 2
Would you like more information before your visit? Please contact the museum
on +46 (0)010-456 12 98 or send an e-mail to: INGEN_SPAM_info@medelhavsmuseet.se